Kitchen Islands In Margate, Tamarac, Plantation, Deerfield Beach, Coral Springs, Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL, & the Surrounding Areas
Set the stage for better living and entertainment with a new kitchen island
If your kitchen has the space for kitchen island addition, then be sure to get the most amazing island possible. A kitchen island is one of the great ways to set the personality, tone, and function of your kitchen. Here is where you can add seating for nightly homework, quick meals, or friends to hang out. Gourmet chef options with extended cooking appliances or large sinks. Extras for entertaining such as wine fridges, wet bar sinks, and bottle storage.
At the minimum, the right kitchen island added during your kitchen remodeling or kitchen renovation is going to add storage and counter space. These are two of the most requested items during a kitchen remodeling.
Maximize efficiency and add more countertop space with a new kitchen island!CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE
Considerations for a Kitchen Island
You’ve probably never thought about the ins and outs of a kitchen island before. But when it comes time for the kitchen remodeling consultation, the planning of your kitchen island is essential.
- Size – a kitchen island will have to have the counter space you need. For example, if you want to have space for eating and a sink, these two are most likely facing each other and will have an effect of width. Similarly, if you want a six-burner stove, this will require even more space around so no one gets hot splatter.
- Proportional – a kitchen island generally requires 42” space between the island and the wall cabinets, more if there are appliance doors that need space for opening. On the other side, generally 60” is needed between the next set of furniture such as a dining table.
- Height – Bar height is generally 42” while standard seating is 36”. Bar height requires less width space (less knee bending) and can give a safety space from sink or stove splatter. If you are looking for baking height, then 30” is generally best for kneading and rolling your bread, pizza dough, cookies, etc.
While this may have added some more confusion to your kitchen remodeling, remember that this is all about customizing the right kitchen layout. Getting everything right in the consultation and planning will pay off in getting your dream kitchen!
Kitchen Island Options
The options in kitchen island design and materials can vary greatly depending on the scope of the kitchen remodeling and the customer’s preferences. We have had customers want the ultimate entertainer’s bar set-up while others want a family hub. We’re all about listening to our customers throughout Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Plantation, Tamarac, Margate, FL, and the surrounding areas.
Here are some ideas that might work for you:
- Bar set up with wet bar sink, ice-maker or under-counter fridge
- Built in wine rack and wine cooler
- Cook or stove top that faces seating area
- Storage for small appliances including microwave
- Corner baking center with 30” height
- Pet station for food and water bowl
- Shelves for your cookbook library
- Corner seating area
- Peninsula or extending dining area
Adding a kitchen island during your kitchen remodeling maximizes efficiency and adds more countertop space. A kitchen island dramatically changes the look of your kitchen and gives you the function you’re dreaming of.Kitchen Remodeling
Kitchen Remodeling Costs / Process
As part of overall kitchen remodeling costs, you can expect an island to cost anywhere from $600 to $5,000. The cost will depend on the materials you select, changes in utility lines and more. But aside from costs, think of the value you will get when incorporating a kitchen island into your kitchen remodeling.Kitchen Remodeling Costs